last update: 16th January 2020
This superb role offers you the opportunity to join a highly successful UK wide hotel management company, working closely with a dynamic FD and senior management team.
Very much field rather than head office based, using all your proven commercial/finance skills gained within the hotel sector at regional/group level in delivering profitability, adding value and enhancing reporting processes from both property/group prospective.
Ideally, you will be located in the Midlands or North West area in easy reach of the majority of the branded hotels portfolio.
This is a rare opportunity in today's market place particularly in the Midlands/ North West regions.
We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
|Location||Overseas (not Gulf)|
Here is an excellent Financial Controller opportunity overseeing the self accounting finance function of a multi site, contemporary/life style/ branded hotel business based in Berlin.
Proven experience of German statutory accounting/taxation gained within hotels with fluency in German/English is required together with excellent team management and communication skills.
• Prepare and review monthly management accounts and property reports
• Oversee all financial accounts, prepare financial statements and liaise with external auditors to ensure annual audits are carried out
• Take responsibility for property cash flow, preparing weekly and monthly cash flow forecasts
• Prepare and supervise banking operations, oversee loans and other financial instruments
• Manage the preparation of annual budgets with the GM & Produce forecasts
• Register and supervise staff with external payroll agency and internal HR Software
• Work as a business partner with the management team and GM
• Supervise the day to day operations e.g. credit control, payroll, flash reports
• Manage and supervise the Accounts Payable function and purchase procedures
• Communicate effectively and appropriately in all directions so that all teams understand their financial responsibilities and are motivated to achieve them
• Prepare benchmarking analysis on key financial revenues/expenditure
• Support the Group CFO and Head of Finance on finance projects as required
Control the day to day operational finance function within operations
You will be joining a market leading hotel operator with exciting expansion plans ahead.
All we require is your passion, drive and proven experience.
We look forward to hearing from you today!
A newly created Financial Controller position within a successful hospitality company.
Overseeing two F&B driven operations with a combined turnover of c£8m, one within a deluxe London hotel and the other based in Brighton.
You will be working closely with the FD and Owner/Directors in setting up and managing the full finance function for both sites with a view to taking on further responsibility as the business continues to grow.
A proven track record in control accounts /P&L/ month end preparation gained within hospitality finance is required, ideally with a strong emphasis on F&B revenue.
2 days a week travel to Brighton and London will be required during a normal working week.
This is an exciting time to be coming on board with plenty of scope, challenge and ownership.
An excellent opportunity for you to focus your proven hotel based Financial Controller skills within this successful 4* self accounting hotel.
You will need to demonstrate excellent commercial /hands on accounting skills, able to support and guide HODs to understand budgets, P&Ls and departmental forecasting. Ideally you will used to working in self accounting hotel environments with at least two years hotel FC experience.
You will be joining one of the UK's fastest growing hotel companies with a number of exciting developments in the pipeline offering central finance support as well as giving you ownership to influence/drive the business forward at every level.
This could well be the progressive career opportunity you've been looking for!
This c£12m t/o boutique hotel with a high volume bar and restaurant operation now requires a Finance Manager to oversee daily/weekly/monthly cost controls/ P&L reporting.
Reporting to the GM and Regional Accountant, this is an ideal opportunity for a confident, well organised AFC or first position FC, looking to take on day to day accounting responsibility for running their own department.
This a very much an operational based finance role rather than balance sheet/ fixed asset register orientated requiring proven finance experience gained at hotel level.
If you are tired of treading water in your current role then why not seize the moment and contact us today!
We are delighted to present this newly created Group Financial Controller position to oversee a collection of hotels based in the Scottish Highlands.
Reporting to the FD, you will be responsible for setting up and managing the central self accounting finance function, implementing effective daily, weekly and month end accounts/reporting procedures.
This a is primarily a centrally based finance role which will require monthly visits to each property to liaise with the GMs who will be responsible for on site finance reporting.
This role is ideally suited to a hands on, self accounting hotel Financial Controller used to dealing with change process and thinking on their feet, who will relish meeting the challenges of a new and growing business.
Here's an excellent opportunity to progress from hotel based accounts to head office finance level within a successful and expanding UK wide hotel company.
You will need to demonstrate strong understanding of income audit/controls with good awareness of P&L/month end procedures ideally gained at hotel level.
Working in a small central finance team, your key responsibilities will include:
• Review of hotels monthly financial statements
• Posting of monthly hotel journals
• Dealing with any specific issues that may arise on creditors relating to assigned hotels
• Verifying and reviewing daily Revenue and banking files uploads to General Ledger to ensure they are happening correctly.
• Familiarisation of how the front end hotel systems work and how they link to the General Ledger to become the key person for any matters which may arise.
• Responding to General Manager queries in relation to the accounting at assigned hotels.
This role is all about effectively reviewing and drilling down into first draft P&Ls for up to 6 hotels requiring a keen eye for detail, the ability to challenge the norm and working effectively/accurately to strict deadlines.
This is a rare opportunity to step up from Hotel based Accounts Assistant/AFC to Head Office Hotel Accountant.
We look forward to hearing from you.