last update: 6th December 2018
We are delighted to present out latest Senior Financial Controller vacancy for this highly successful, high quality, high turnover deluxe hotel with a renowned reputation for service and standards.
Overseeing a large finance team and working closely with the senior management team, you will be fully responsible for all aspects of operational/commercial accounting procedures in a fully self accounting, multi P&L environment.
You will need to demonstrate an excellent track record of improving systems, procedures, reporting and instilling a proactive approach to achieving profit targets within every department ideally achieved within large scale, top quality UK hotels.
Your proven self accounting skills gained with in complex, high turnover hotel operations are prerequisite, as will be your ability to challenge the norm in order to provide the success and rewards you are looking for.
This is a newly created Group Financial Controller role working within a dynamic, multi branded hotel company which has seen major growth in scale over the last three years.
Directly supporting the FD, this role provides a very exciting opportunity for the right person to lead and steer the finance team on a day to day basis whilst at the same time contributing to strategic development, risk management and the formulation of new business initiatives.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
Team development and leadership.
Financial modelling and planning
Statutory requirements and compliance
Lead and support business growth
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of achievement coupled with an innovative and creative approach. A natural problem solver and decision maker, the successful candidate will be able to call on broad business experience.
• Be a qualified Accountant
• Have advanced skills in the use of MS products particularly Excel
• Have demonstrable knowledge and experience across all areas of financial accountability
• Have extensive experience of computer-based accounting systems.
• Possess a successful background in financial matters within the hospitality industry in a Head Office position at senior level (preferably 5 years)
• Have strong evidence of leadership and people management in effecting business change
• Possess evidence of delivering impressive individual and team performance against objectives/KPI’s
In addition, the following would be desirable:
• Experience of hotel new builds or the construction industry
• Have a knowledge of hospitality Property Management Systems
• Have experience of using Fourth at high level and/or other Payroll/HR/Rota systems
• Experience of working to Board level
As you can see this is an all encompassing, challenging and rewarding GFC role with exciting prospects ahead.
All we require is your relevant hospitality finance experience, leadership skills and commercial acumen.
An all encompassing Regional Director of Finance role working within a market leading, UK based hotel management company.
You will be overseeing an extensive branded UK hotel portfolio where your key focus will be strong relationship management with owners, driving profitability and maximising ROI conversions.
A successful track record as a commercially minded /hotels focused Regional FC with owner managed experience is necessary.
A highly competitive salary is offered with benefits package within a challenging and progressive company environment.
We look forward to hearing from you.
|Location||Overseas (not Gulf)|
Here's an excellent opportunity for you to join the central accounts office based in Berlin for a successful multi branded, entrepreneurial hotel company.
You will be responsible ensuring the accurate production and consolidation of P&Ls and month end accounts as well as supervising and developing the finance team.
Our client is keen to appoint a self motivated, hotels experienced Assistant FC or Finance Manager able to challenge costs v revenue figures at unit level rather than just processing and collating them and who enjoys looking at ways to improve reporting.
Fluency in German is also essential.
If you are looking for real ownership in your next role and enjoy flexibility and challenge then look no further, apply to us today!
An excellent opportunity for you to focus your proven hotel based Financial Controller skills on a successful branded London 4* hotel with a c£5m turnover.
You will need to demonstrate excellent commercial /hands on accounting skills, used to working in branded hotel environments with at least two years FC experience ideally gained within London.
You will be joining a leading hotel management company offering central finance support as well as giving you the ownership of influencing/challenging the business at every level.
This could well be the London FC opportunity you've been looking for!
This is a newly created Assistant Financial Controller role working within a dynamic, multi branded hotel company which has seen major growth in scale over the last three years.
As a senior member of the financial team, you will provide financial expertise and leadership in all business matters and audit across the Group.
You will take responsibility for day to day overview of the financial environment on compliance including:
Procurement/Purchasing, Debt Management, PCI and GDPR etc
Be a ‘systems expert’ and provide training and development for others across the business.
• Prepare monthly management reports and analysis, reviewing with senior managers
• Complete balance sheet reconciliations.
• Audit of existing finance systems to ensure accuracy of coding and data capture.
• Assist with new openings and acquisitions to migrate properties onto current finance platforms.
• Report on all capital expenditure vs budget.
• Monitor conduct and compliance with statutory requirements in all areas
• Audit the controls in place at each hotel and advise/support the implementation of practices to maximise profit.
• Provide support in the preparation of budgets and business plans for each hotel.
• Implement revenue controls and audit cost controls and processes.
• Consolidation of reports and prepare statistics and analysis on trading.
• Manage applications for credit, and monitor credit levels in line with defined limits to reduce company risk.
• Assist with assembling and monitoring financial KPIs and risk register
• Monitor the financial environment generally and advise on potential areas for improvement/cost savings.
• Ensure there are correct inventory controls in place for the purchasing, receiving and management of stock
• Produce relevant and up to date financial policies and procedures.
• Carry out development projects, in conjunction with other functional areas, and produce reports as required to meet the needs of the company. Be a change agent and communications Champion.
• Assist with Rota submission and payroll.
Skills and Attributes required:
It will suit a capable, and skilled financial practitioner who is a self-starter; willing and able to set and meet challenging objectives.
Possessing strong influencing skills and the ability to work closely with colleagues outside the finance function, the successful candidate will:
• Be a qualified or nearly qualified Accountant
• Have advanced skills in the use of MS products particularly Excel
• Have a strong background in audit and control
• Demonstrate a good knowledge of financial matters in the hospitality sector generally in a Head Office or Group level environment or have a similar service industry background (preferably 2-3 years)
• Be performance focussed, organised, and flexible in approach, balancing emerging demands
• Be able to plan and work methodically and assist in the leadership of business change
• Have good people management skills
• Have a strong problem solving/decision making history in a variety of roles.
There is a highly competitive remuneration and benefits package offered to match your proven above property, part qualified, hospitality finance knowledge and experience.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
This is a newly created Management Accountant role to help strengthen the central finance team within this established and successful UK wide leisure company.
With exciting brand development plans already in place, you will be working closely with the senior management team and be fully involved in all aspects of P&L and month end reporting for a large scale multi site business with turnover in excess of £70 million.
Our client is keen to appoint an energetic, focussed and positive minded individual with a proven multi unit hospitality finance background.
There is terrific scope for progression within this role, all that is required is your drive, relevant experience and ability to challenge the norm.