last update: 20th March 2020
|£150k||Group Finance Director | London|
|£65k||Financial Controller - Berlin | Overseas (not Gulf)|
|£45k||Financial Controller | Cambridgeshire|
As Group Finance Director you will oversee all financial performance across this extensive hotels portfolio. Reporting directly to company owners you will provide strategic and financial guidance to ensure that the company's financial commitments are met.
Overseeing the head-office and regional Finance teams you will develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company’s business
Key responsibilities include:
• Leadership of the Finance team, embedding effective controls and robust processes to support on-going growth and financial performance across the portfolio and ensure work is completed to the required standard
• Supporting a culture of incisive decision making, with a strong focus on timely reporting of management information, blending financial and operational performance metrics to drive profitability
• Ownership of the budget process including budgets for all new projects, capex, opex etc
• Oversee the production of the management and statutory accounts, delivering accurate and timely financial reporting
• Business Partnering with divisional heads to ensure delivery of the strategic objectives
• Ensuring control systems are in place for financial control, management and reporting
• Reviewing trading performance in conjunction with operational management; implementing initiatives to grow top-line income and profitability
• Management of funding, banking and auditing relationships ensuring compliance as well as managing relationships
• Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation including statutory and tax reporting requirements with overall responsibility for accurate provision of statutory accounts
• Develop and implement an internal audit programme to ensure that the company complies with financial procedures and regulations.
• Working with the CEO and wider SLT to identify and assess new business opportunities
• Continuously monitoring the financial climate, tracking competitor and market trends, building financial models/projections for the business and realigning strategic direction.
ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification is preferred together with a proven UK based strategic/commercial/leadership track record within £100m t/o plus, multi branded hotel operations.
You will be joining at a key time of rooms inventory growth, future investment planning and profit enhancement requiring an innovative, forward thinking and change process driven approach.
|Location||Overseas (not Gulf)|
Here is an excellent Financial Controller opportunity overseeing the self accounting finance function of a multi site, contemporary/life style/ branded hotel business based in Berlin.
Proven experience of German statutory accounting/taxation gained within hotels with fluency in German/English is required together with excellent team management and communication skills.
• Prepare and review monthly management accounts and property reports
• Oversee all financial accounts, prepare financial statements and liaise with external auditors to ensure annual audits are carried out
• Take responsibility for property cash flow, preparing weekly and monthly cash flow forecasts
• Prepare and supervise banking operations, oversee loans and other financial instruments
• Manage the preparation of annual budgets with the GM & Produce forecasts
• Register and supervise staff with external payroll agency and internal HR Software
• Work as a business partner with the management team and GM
• Supervise the day to day operations e.g. credit control, payroll, flash reports
• Manage and supervise the Accounts Payable function and purchase procedures
• Communicate effectively and appropriately in all directions so that all teams understand their financial responsibilities and are motivated to achieve them
• Prepare benchmarking analysis on key financial revenues/expenditure
• Support the Group CFO and Head of Finance on finance projects as required
Control the day to day operational finance function within operations
You will be joining a market leading hotel operator with exciting expansion plans ahead.
All we require is your passion, drive and proven experience.
We look forward to hearing from you today!
An excellent opportunity for you to focus your proven hotel based Financial Controller skills within this successful 4* self accounting hotel.
You will need to demonstrate excellent commercial /hands on accounting skills, able to support and guide HODs to understand budgets, P&Ls and departmental forecasting. Ideally you will used to working in self accounting hotel environments with at least two years hotel FC experience.
You will be joining one of the UK's fastest growing hotel companies with a number of exciting developments in the pipeline offering central finance support as well as giving you ownership to influence/drive the business forward at every level.
This could well be the progressive career opportunity you've been looking for!