Take your 1st step to a new opportunity
last update: 16th March 2023
Executive Head of Finance
A superb Head of Finance opportunity within an iconic London hotel.
Working closely with the hotel MD and hotel management company, this is very much a strategic and commercially focussed finance role, requiring dynamic leadership, delivery and team building skills.
A self accounting, upscale hotel FD background with a proven track record of success at property or above property level within London is preferred.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage and co-ordinate relationship between the Owners and Management Company from a
• Develop and maintain all necessary systems, policies and procedures to ensure effective and
efficient financial management within the company.
• Ensure that all of the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
• Providing strategic and financial guidance to ensure that the company's financial commitments
• Oversee Purchasing and Order system.
• Maintain constant communication with the Managing Director on day to day issues.
• Ensure all other departments working within the finance team are performing to their potential
and communication is effective within the finance department and within other hotel
• Liaison with external auditors / owners on all relevant matters including periodic financial
• Implementing appropriate processes to ensure agreements are signed in
accordance with agreed policies.
• Negotiation of key supplier contracts – to include energy, insurance and IT contracts.
• Full responsibility with MD and Hotel Management Company VP Finance for the financial controls of the company.
• Full responsibility to check that prior to the company entering into any contracts that the contract is compliant with UK Legislation and meets approved standards.
• Ensure appropriate control over the company’s assets and in particular cash controls are in place.
• Full trial balance responsibility
• Managing the budget and forecasting process.
• Calculate and monitor variances from budget and highlight significant issues to management along with solutions.
• Responsible for Capital Expenditure and Processes.
• Ensure cash flow is adequate for continued operations.
• Identifying and evaluating areas within the company’s operations that can be improved and make relevant savings whilst preserving the quality of the offering.
• Prepare tax returns to calculate corporation tax in conjunction with external accountants.
• Provide financial analysis as required, in particular for capital expenditures, pricing decisions,
and contract negotiations.
• Perform duties in line with departmental SOPs.
• Preparing End of Year Statutory Reports.
• Profit and Loss Analysis on a monthly basis.
• Getting all monthly information and forms completed and communicated on time.
• Enhance controls / reporting on acquisitions and disposals
This could well be the high profile, challenging and rewarding role you have been waiting for!
Cluster Financial Controller
Do you thrive on intensity and energy?
Do you enjoy driving profitability through a collaborative proactive approach?
Are you able to do all of this in your current hotel Finance role or are you being drawn too much into the processing side?
If all of the above is important to you then here is a perfect opportunity to put everything into practice.
Overseeing two upscale hotels in Bristol and Cardiff with a combine turnover of c£16m, you will be fully responsible for all aspects of controls/cost management , P&Ls, month end, forecasting and budgeting working closely with the GMs and RFC to deliver and exceed .
Your strong leadership and influencing skills will be put to full use across all levels of the business actively promoting a positive attitude throughout the hotels, by being visible, approachable and supportive at the right times.
You will be joining one of the UK's fastest growing hotel companies who own and manage their properties, working alongside like minded proactive and focussed people who know their business and embrace new ideas.
Looking forward to hearing from you asap!
Head of Finance
A superb opportunity for an experienced, self accounting hotel based Financial Controller, to oversee the finance function for a c£10m t/o, branded hotel/leisure/events driven venue.
Reporting to the GFD and working closely with the GM, you will be responsible for all finance aspects of hotel and F&B operations
Very much the senior member of the finance team with line manager responsibility for two finance team members.
Key Responsibilities include:
? Business Partner to the Hotel General Manager, Director of Operations, Hotel Commercial
Director and the Director of Golf.
? Responsibility for review and continuous improvement within the business process
framework of all accounting and finance team processes.
? Drive profitability in the Hotel via providing insight on opportunities to drive revenues and
instilling a culture of cost consciousness and best value procurement.
? Production of monthly Management Accounts including Profit and Loss accounts, Balance
Sheets and Cash Flow Statements. Ensuring accounting policies are in line with UK GAAP.
? Preparation of Owners meeting pack and attendance at Monthly Owners meeting
? Preparation of Board Finance Report and attendance at Quarterly Board meetings
? Work with the Group Finance Director on co-ordination and generation of budgets and
forecasts, including in particular weekly wage and revenue analysis.
? Reviewing business financial performance and recommending areas of focus and
? Oversee working capital, including billing and collection and debtor management.
? Manage fixed asset registers.
? Reconciliation of Hotel and Royalty revenues to third party reports and other supporting
? Responsibility for monthly Hotel payroll.
? Reconciliation of monthly Golf & Spa direct debit collections
? Dealing with HMRC returns and enquiries.
? Liaison with auditors and managing the annual audit process.
? Support the Group Finance Director on ad hoc strategic financial management matters.
Ideally you will be ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA or holder of an equivalent qualification) or a finalist with the following key attributes:
- strong communication skills at all levels
- strong technical skills, commerciality astute
- a self-starter, excellent at problem solving,
- strong team player
- strong organisation skills and ability to work to strict deadlines
- ability to handle high levels of pressure
- critical decision making, energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind.in pursuit of business growth and success
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to effectively manage and motivate a team
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement
As you are aware, opportunities offering this degree of challenge and scope are rare in this region, so why not seize the moment and apply today!
They say that every good hotel Financial Controller should do at least one new hotel opening in their career, here's a superb opportunity to do so:
Opening in later this year, this stand out deluxe hotel and spa requires a tried and tested hotel FC able to focus on setting up all aspects of controls and financial reporting to P&L/Balance sheet stage.
There will also be a finance team to develop and manage as well as working closely with the management team and HODs to ensure costs v budget are adhered to as revenue streams rapidly grow to c£10m t/o per annum.
You will play a key role in driving profitability through your ability to challenge the norm, support and guide teams to achieve and exceed their targets through a positive and proactive working culture.
Are you ready for this exceptional opportunity!
An excellent home based Regional Accountant hybrid opportunity within a leading UK wide branded hotel company.
As Regional Accountant for up to 7 full service branded hotels situated primarily in the North East, your brief will be to closely liaise with hotel management teams and head office overseeing all aspects of financial/commercial performance.
Key responsibilities include the review of hotel P&Ls, internal controls, analytical review of monthly performance results, payroll review, preparation of accurate weekly/monthly forecasting and being involved in the production of accurate management accounts to strict deadlines.
Hospitality/hotel based multi site finance experience and excellent communication skills are essential together with the ability to drill down and get behind the numbers to fully understand hotels performance.
Being based in Hertfordshire, Yorkshire or East Midlands areas would be a distinct advantage for travelling/work purposes.
If you have relevant UK hotel FC experience, immediately available or able to join by the beginning of September at the latest, then seize the moment and contact us today!
A rare opportunity in the East Yorkshire/North Lincolnshire region for an operationally/commercially focussed Financial Controller to join a c£7 m t/o plus branded hotel with extensive M&E facilities.
Managing a small finance team, you will be fully responsible for all aspects of daily/weekly/monthly accounting and reporting up to P&L/balance sheet stage, working closely with the GM and GFC in driving bottom line profitability through close monitoring of costs v revenue.
If you have a proven track record within hotel finance and can demonstrate a firm but fair management style across all levels and departments, then this could well be the challenge you have been looking for.
Regional Financial Controller
Bags of autonomy, self accounting, fun company culture and hybrid working on your wish list? Then it's a tick, tick, tick, tick for this amazing chance:
The latest phase of expansion of this established, extremely well funded, UK wide hospitality company, has created this fantastic Regional Hotel FC hybrid role, c55k plus 33 days holidays...
Overseeing owner/managed vibrant London hotels, all in easy reach of Paddington requiring fortnightly face to face meetings at unit level, the rest of the time you can be home based but be flexible to needs of business.
There's a fantastic supportive company culture, with a thorough handover to be provided by the current RFC who is being internally promoted.
What do I need for this role?
An energetic, people driven approach, able to stand your ground with dynamic GM's, with excellent month end/commercial skills gained as a UK, self accounting hotel FC.
What are my key responsibilities?
- Full month end reporting
- Cashflows/ balance sheets
- Bank payments
- Daily controls
- Monthly business reviews
- Staff development and training
There's an experienced Accounts Assistant at each hotel for you to manage and develop, with Sage, Procure Wizard and Eproductive as key systems.
Career progression is definitely on the cards with this company, who always choose to promote from within, with candidates that I've introduced previously enjoying rapid promotion, recognition and rewards....
Need I say more.....apply today!
Are you all about analysis, financial modelling and adding real value to a business?
Are you focussed on drivers of performance?
As an established Financial Analyst the above you will already be practising the above but the question is how much autonomy and influence do you really have?
Are you just a cog in the wheel?
Is it time for you to take full ownership and put your own ideas and actions into place?
If so then read on.....
My client, an established and expanding UK wide hotel company, based in Bucks, now has a newly created Financial Analyst opportunity working closely with GFC/FD and MD.
On the one side there is the normal finance side to cover in terms of P&L consolidation, VAT/PAYE analysis, updating EBITA forecasts, budgeting/forecasting models, month end closure- analysis of monthly results, variances etc.
On the other side, there is a need for bank projections, financial investment awareness, private equity/funding knowledge for various hotel investment opportunities as the group continues its expansion.
Here are the key components of the job spec:
Budgeting, Planning& Forecasting:
You will lead on the budgeting, planning, and forecasting
processes for the group, including timetables.
Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders &
Senior Management involved in the budgeting, planning & forecasting processes including the ability
to challenge and influence.
Focus on continuous improvement to streamline the processes and drive efficiencies and ensure risks around the budget process are managed appropriately.
Month End Closure -
Leading the analysis of monthly results, providing explanations and insight on
financial and non-financial variances while identifying key business messages and prepares high quality outputs.
In addition to the above you will work on various ad-hoc projects and support the Finance functions
to deliver as a team & to help improve the overall effectiveness of the FP&A and wider finance
Support the finance team to develop the delivery of required performance objectives on
• Prepare monthly and year-to-date management reports, analysis and feedback on financial
and key performance measures, present findings to senior management. Key dashboards
include the monitoring of Capex and P&L expenditure by company.
• Financial Modelling including Funding Application Modelling, other business models to
generate a full P&L, balance sheet and cash flow forecast. Develop full financial models and
business plans, including long term plans.
• Recommend and analyse ROI/ IRR for capital projects.
• Presenting and communicating key messages to the leadership teams supporting with
decisions making as part of the monthly and annual planning cycle.
• Partnering with key stakeholders in Operations to ensure strong cost management is
• Delivery of core finance processes including post month end analysis, forecasts, and budgets
• Encourage knowledge sharing across the team & actively seek to support the development
What key skills, knowledge and experience do you need?
Preferred Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
FP&A / budgeting experience preferred.
Strong Excel skills & Financial systems
Hands-on experience with Financial Modelling
Advanced analytical and numerical skills
Background in Hospitality is preferred but not necessary.
Ability to work independently.
Curious about the business and drivers of performance
Flexible attitude and forward-thinking nature
Enjoys working in a team environment.
Experience working with/ for a Private Equity business, ideally with a focus on portfolio
Most importantly, it's not just a case of gathering information but highlighting and instigating improvements and bringing something extra to the table.
......There lies the autonomy, scope and job satisfaction you are looking for!
If you love your job, you will never work a day in your life…
Be honest… is it time for change?
Are you feeling challenged to develop yourself and learn new skills?
Do you go to work feeling excited anymore?
Or does it feel like you’re just turning up to pay the bills and put out fires?
It could be time to reignite your career with an opportunity to transform this upscale hotel in Hertfordshire from good to great.
The company has exceptionally high standards, and will be investing heavily to take it to the next level.
You’ll be a FC who can handle the pressure because when you’re building this level of revenue, you need to be on your game. You’ll inherit a team of 3 to manage within an existing high turnover business.
You’ll be in charge of all aspects of financial accounting and control, cost management, cash & working capital and business support, working closely with the GM in driving profitability and best practice.
You’re the type of person who enjoys being in the spotlight and as a key part of the management team you’ll have significant influence from the get go.
As the business grows, so will your salary and benefits.
No more boring weeks, no more dull tasks… embrace the change! You’ll thank yourself in 2/3 years when you’ve built up invaluable experience and lifted your career to a whole new level.
Here are the benefits:
Basic salary up to c50,000 plus KPI bonus and company discounts
Here’s what you’ll need
UK based hotel FC experience within larger scale M&E driven environments, with strong commercial/operational accounting knowledge at P&L/ balance sheet, budgeting and forecasting levels.
Food & Beverage Controller
Feeling unfulfilled in your current F&B role? With this company your expertise and innovative ideas will be valued and put into action…
As an accomplished F&B Manager, you understand the importance of controlling costs and maximizing margins…
Now, imagine putting those skills to use in a dynamic and growing business that values your contributions.
That's exactly what this Head Office-based F&B Controller role has to offer.
Joining a successful hotel and catering company with £8m in combined F&B revenues spread over 6 outlets, you'll have a pivotal role in managing the ordering, purchasing, and issuing of food and beverage goods.
Reporting to both the Group Operations Director and the Financial Director, you'll play a key role in the financial performance of the business.
You'll be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
• Monitoring F&B revenue forecast vs actual on a daily basis
• Reconciling event bills to ensure all revenue is captured
• Implementing systems to monitor wastage in each kitchen/bar
• Maintaining accurate costings for all menus and conference snacks
• Managing inventory levels to ensure efficient stock control
• Overseeing the e-procurement system (Procure Wizard) for F&B items
• Establishing and managing par stock levels to minimize waste and overstocking
• Implementing effective stock management controls (FIFO)
• Ensuring all F&B deliveries are visibly checked and signed for
• Implementing security and transfer procedures for beverage items
• Performing period-end stock takes and producing related reports
• Championing company systems such as EPOS and Procure Wizard
• And more!
This role offers a perfect balance between office-based work and field presence.
You'll have the opportunity to drive improvements at Head Office level, working closely with the senior management team, while also demonstrating a strong field presence.
Plus, with a positive and supportive team culture, you'll be able to share your ideas and bring about real change.
In this role, you'll never feel bored or restricted. There's so much scope for growth and development, making it the perfect opportunity for an ambitious F&B Manager looking to take their career to the next level. Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Can't wait to tell you more about it!